Sustainable Coatings UV Cured Systems
We have a solution to suite your tight schedule. UV cured paint dries instantly, 100% solid paint system comes with full guarantee
UV cure technology offers solvent free fast drying times without sacrificing hardness, chemical protection and finish. This technology also offers increased production speed and efficiencies and an overall smaller manufacturing foot print. This distinctive technology utilises photo-initiators and UV curable oligimers to provide high speed drying, no VOC emissions and the highest quality finishes.
UV Application Advantages
• Curing Speed. Using UV technology, coatings can be cured in minutes compared to hours or days curing for epoxies and polyurethanes. Results: increase production speed by increasing output; reduction of manufacturing footprint.
• Performance. Equal or better mechanical protection when compared to epoxy and polyurethane paints. Better anti-corrosion protection compared to epoxies, powders, and polyurethane paints.
• Non-polluting. No Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): free of solvents.
• Environment and Worker Safety. Contains no solvents, chromium, lead, isocyanates or chemicals included on the toxic release inventory.
• UV Curing Options. Curing can be achieved using hand-held UV lamps for on-site structures or automated and integrated into virtually any production application.
• 100% Solids. When compared to the average 30 – 70% solids of the typical polyurethane and epoxy competitors allowing more area per gallon of coverage and eliminating the risk of solvent entrapment.
• One-part system. No blending or mixing of multiple components prior to use. Reduces risks of mistakes, and eliminates time restrictions for getting the coating applied within a certain amount of time.
• Long POT Life that can exceed 6 months. No solvents or other components allows for quick stirring prior to application.
• No Ovens, Acid Wash, or Other Costly Processes. Simple process: Surface prep, apply the coating, and cure with the UV curing lamps; eliminating preheating or forced curing.
• Cost Competitive. Fast curing, lower labour costs to apply, faster drying time
• Improved Performance. Lab tests for abrasion have shown they are at least three times more durable than standard epoxy or urethane coatings.
• Non-Yellowing and Non Brittle. UV technology offers clear top coats that will not crack or break.
UV Curing Process
As a coating that has no VOCs, solvents, or other hazardous materials, there is no off-gassing, and employees are safer. As a single part coating, you eliminate risk of errors in blending multiple parts as well as waste that results from limited pot life’s common with epoxies and urethane’s. There is no need for special high temperature ovens for curing, no need for coated parts to sit while drying. With no VOCs, solvents, or other hazardous materials using SC contributes to your company’s sustainability policy.
• Manufactured parts • Tools, meters, pumps, valves • Agricultural equipment • Storage tanks (including those used for propane, CNG, oxygen, chemicals) • Shipping containers • Outdoor enclosures • Factory and warehouse concrete floors • Railcars • Ships and maritime • Cleanroom walls and ceilings • Truck trailers, bodies and parts • Airplane hangars
For exterior applications where corrosion protection, chemical resistance, adhesion, UV resistance, and abrasion protection matters, its corrosive class is assigned C5, appropriate for industrial use in areas of high humidity and aggressive atmosphere. It goes on fast, dries quickly, and is a durable, economical solution for tough painting environments.
Facilities with outdoor exposures have long sought a more durable coating that is easier to apply. Maximum resistance to abrasion, weathering, and fading.